CollectA's finely detailed replica of Ornithocheirus is lifelike down to its individual ribs and the texture of its wings. First discovered in England, this creature's name means ''bird hand.'' It had a wing span of about 8.2 feet and lived during the late Cretaceous period, about 110 million years ago. This beautifully sculpted, collectible figure from our Prehistoric Life Collection measures 8.3''L x 3''H. Each prehistoric figure in our collection has been approved by archeologist Anthony Beeson, a well-respected expert in paleoimagery. All CollectA models are individually hand crafted to the highest standards and made with the finest and safest phthalate-free, lead-free materials. Create a natural world in miniature with high quality toy replicas from CollectA. Our mission is to educate collectors and to provide the greatest oppportunity for creative play.
- FUN FACTS: Ornithocheirus means "Bird-hand" and had a wing span three times greater than a Bald Eagle and weighed as much as three eagles.
- PALEONTOLOGIST APPROVED: Working with experts from across the globe, Collecta hand-painted figurines are all factually accurate and paleontologist-approved, so little ones get to learn while they play.
- AUTHENTICITY: Each prehistoric sculpture has been approved by Anthony Beeson, a well respected expert in palaeoimagery who is also an art librarian, archaeologist and collector, based in the city of Bristol, England.
- SAFETY: All CollectA products are individually hand crafted with only the finest materials and rigorously tested to ensure they meet the highest safety standards.
- PRODUCT SPECS: Ornithocheirus measures 8.66 in L x 1.97 in W and is suitable for children ages 3 and up.