The Nile crocodile is an ambush predator and can wait for hours, days and even weeks for the suitable moment to attack. They are quite agile predators and wait for the opportunity for the prey item to come close within the range of attack. Nile crocodiles are very social crocodiles. They share basking spots and large food sources such as schools of fish and big carcasses. Nile crocodiles lay eggs to reproduce, which are guarded by the female. The hatchlings are also protected for a period of time, but hunt by themselves and are not fed by the parents. Collect A is known as one of the leading manufacturers worldwide of the finest scaled replicas collections. These products are of the highest quality in both sculpture and painting. They design their replicas to provide both, knowledge and entertainment to children and parents of all age groups. Today Collect A miniature replicas collectibles are being used in role play for educational purpose, awareness of endangered species, consciousness of environmental protection and ultimately having a benefit for the animals they represent.
- FUN FACT: They have an ectothermic metabolism, so can survive for long periods between meals—though when they do eat, they can eat up to half their body weight.
- EXPERT DESIGN: CollectA has enlisted the help of experts from around the world to ensure that every model is factually accurate and true to life, so little ones get to learn while they play.
- SAFETY: All CollectA products are individually hand crafted with only the finest materials and rigorously tested to ensure they meet the highest safety standards.
- EDUCATIONAL VALUE: CollectA's mission is to build "a natural world in miniature". Using role play, children gain a deeper knowledge of the animals. Excellent for educational purposes and for use in dioramas, pretend habitat scenes, or other displays.
- PRODUCT SPECS: The 4.1" L x 2.2'' H Wildlife Nile Crocodile is realistic and lifelike in every detail, from its spikes and scales to it's ferocious teeth and snapping jaw.