CollectA's detailed replica of the Hydrotherosaurus is lifelike down to the texture of its skin and its protruding teeth. Fossil remains found in California indicate that this plesiosaur lived 70 - 65 million years ago. Its name means ''water beast lizard.'' It had a long, flexible neck and paddle-like flippers. The fossil specimen is a complete skeleton that even contains remains of what the creature ate. The prehistoric reptile could have grown to be 40 feet long and might have weighed 10 tons. This beautifully sculpted, collectible figure from our Prehistoric Life Collection measures 7.5''L x 2.4''H. Each figure in our Prehistoric Life Collection has been approved by archeologist Anthony Beeson, a well-respected expert in paleoimagery. All CollectA models are individually hand crafted to the highest standards and made with the finest and safest phthalate-free, lead-free materials. Create a natural world in miniature with high quality toy replicas from CollectA. Our mission is to educate collectors and to provide the greatest opportunity for creative play.
- FUN FACTS: Hydrotherosaurus means "Water Beast Lizard". It measured approximately 25.5 feet long with 60 vertebrae in total and one of the longest necks relative to its size among elasmosaurids.
- PALEONTOLOGIST APPROVED: Working with experts from across the globe, Collecta hand-painted figurines are all factually accurate and paleontologist-approved, so little ones get to learn while they play.
- AUTHENTICITY: Each prehistoric sculpture has been approved by Anthony Beeson, a well respected expert in palaeoimagery who is also an art librarian, archaeologist and collector, based in the city of Bristol, England.
- SAFETY: All CollectA products are individually hand crafted with only the finest materials and rigorously tested to ensure they meet the highest safety standards.
- PRODUCT SPECS: Hydrotherosaurus measures 7.5" L x 2.4"H and is realistic and lifelike in every detail from its streamlined body was propelled through the water by four flippers to it's short pointed tail and small head with protruding teeth.