CollectA's replica of the Cryolophosaurus is lifelike down to the unusual crest on the front of its head. First described in 2012, this dinosaur lived in Antarctica during the Early Jurassic Period and grew to be about 23 feet long. At that time, the continent was further north and had a more temperate climate than it does today. Paleontologists believe the Cryolophosaurus, whose name means ''frozen crested lizard,'' was a carnivorous predator. This beautifully sculpted, collectible figure from our Prehistoric Life Collection measures 5.5''L x 3.5''H. Each prehistoric figure in our collection has been approved by archeologist Anthony Beeson, a well-respected expert in paleoimagery. All CollectA models are individually hand crafted to the highest standards and made with the finest and safest phthalate-free, lead-free materials. Create a natural world in miniature with high quality toy replicas from CollectA. Our mission is to educate collectors and to provide the greatest opportunity for creative play.
- FUN FACTS: Cryolophosaurus is the first meat-eating dinosaur to be discovered on the frozen continent of Antarctica. Cryolophosaurus was a large theropod dinosaur, with a bizarre crest on its head. Due to the resemblance of this feature to Elvis Presley's haircut from the 1950s, this dinosaur was nicknamed "Elvisaurus".
- PALEONTOLOGIST APPROVED: Working with experts from across the globe, Collecta hand-painted figurines are all factually accurate and paleontologist-approved, so little ones get to learn while they play.
- AUTHENTICITY: Each prehistoric sculpture has been approved by Anthony Beeson, a well respected expert in palaeoimagery who is also an art librarian, archaeologist and collector, based in the city of Bristol, England.
- SAFETY: All CollectA products are individually hand crafted with only the finest materials and rigorously tested to ensure they meet the highest safety standards.
- PRODUCT SPECS: Cryolophosaurus measures 5.3''L x 2.4''H.